Welcome to Ichiban Joyas!

Hello, my name is Jenn Ramirez and I am here to make jewelry for those who like to stand out, make a statement, and be truly unique. All of my items are handmade and sculpted by me with polymer clay. I love working with polymer clay because it allows me to have the artistic freedom to go where I want with each individual piece.

I believe in constantly evolving with my work, therefore you will never see me do that same thing over and over. I feel that keeps us from moving forward in our journey to become better artists.

I take custom orders as well, so the possibilities are endless with me!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blogs and see the daily life of Ichiban Joyas!

Happy shopping and thank you for making Ichiban Joyas happen!


Be truly unique with wearable art!















Monday, April 12, 2010

The Many Collections of Ichiban Joyas!

Well, now that I have introduced myself, it's time to introduce my work. I've chosen a few photos out of my collections that not only do I consider to be my favorites, but the very essence of who I am as an artist. Although each one is made from polymer clay, each one is so different and keep the ever evolving artist theme. I hope you enjoy!
*Note: This blog does not include every collection*

The Odd Ones:
I think this is my favorite collection by far because it stays true to the "Be truly unique with wearable art," theme. These little guys come with names like Puppy Love, DAMR (Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto), Moranis, Senor Cheese, and Mr. Moo. What I love most is also the fact that each one has a different personality. You take one look at them and you know they have a story behind them. They are fairly large measuring anywhere from two and half to three inches. The best part though is their moveable arms and legs! I didn't want my Odd friends to just sit around and do nothing! Each one can dance(um, you have to help em a bit) , sit, and lay down. If you didn't want these as jewelry, they can easily be converted to keepsakes. I haven't been able to make new Odd Ones yet, but I have already created a list of new characters. Some of these are a little darker, more mysterious, and well.. no suprises yet...:)



Hana: Translation-Flower in Japanese
I have chosen two flowers from my Hana collection, although there is more in there.
The first is my Signature Clay Rose. I call it my signature because although many clay artists make clay roses, I find that mine are especially unique because of their realism. You won't find anything made to look so delicate and real as my clay roses. The next are my cherry blossoms. These little cherry blossoms or "sakura" in Japanese are embellished with a little faux pearl in the center. I've loved sakura all of my life and I had to have these as part of Ichiban Joyas. I've also been brainstorming new flowers, so stay tuned to see more added to this collection.




Mini and Kawaii
Yesterday, I mentioned that I really liked food miniatures and I used to take the Japanese food miniatures and make them in to jewelry. Well, this is my collection of all things mini, yummy, and kawaii.
This blog features my choco earrings, mini fortune cookies in a bottle. Although not added here in the photos, I do make my own fruit drinks with fruit slices, icecreams, donuts, and fortune cookies. Oh and I'm going to change it up a little and make these items a little more sinful, stay tuned. :)



Vintage Style Tiles:
This line was actually inspired by my best friend Stephanie. She happens to love Alice in Wonderland and requested that I make her some jewelry with the classic Alice in Wonderland theme. Well, my bff gets anything, so of course I designed a line just for her! So far, I've only been able to make one of these, but I won't be staying with just one theme for long. You will definitely see different ones in the future.


Custom Orders:
Quite possibly the coolest collection in Ichiban Joyas. These definitely challenge me and I told my friend Gigi the other day that I loved her "Lists of Orders," yes, (she makes LISTS for me to make), because they make me step out of my clay box.:) I just finished one of her lists the other day and she already has a new one, plus a full OOAK sculpture I need to make for her. She has been so amazing lately and I am so grateful for her kindness and her friendship. Here you will see a compact made with a real mirror, a notebook with real rings and a swarovski crystal embellishment, a Hello Kitty and Yoshi!





So this is my first introduction to the many collections of Ichiban Joyas. I can't wait to show you guys more! If you have any questions, feel free to message me anytime, I'd love to hear from you.
Have a good night..

Jenn :)

Song of the night:
Nadia Ali~Try

No comments:

Post a Comment