Welcome to Ichiban Joyas!

Hello, my name is Jenn Ramirez and I am here to make jewelry for those who like to stand out, make a statement, and be truly unique. All of my items are handmade and sculpted by me with polymer clay. I love working with polymer clay because it allows me to have the artistic freedom to go where I want with each individual piece.

I believe in constantly evolving with my work, therefore you will never see me do that same thing over and over. I feel that keeps us from moving forward in our journey to become better artists.

I take custom orders as well, so the possibilities are endless with me!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blogs and see the daily life of Ichiban Joyas!

Happy shopping and thank you for making Ichiban Joyas happen!


Be truly unique with wearable art!















Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ichiban Joyas?

I figured it was time for me to join the world of blogging. I see lots of etsyians on here and I really wanted to join in on the fun. I figured it was also time to introduce myself. I've made lots of new friends lately, and I wanted to give you a face behind the business.

So a little bit about me:
My name is Jenn Ramirez and I live in Southern California. I have a B.A. in Psychology and I have spent a lot of time working in the social service field. I am currently in a relationship with a wonderful guy who still loves me after 9 years. Yes, 9 years folks! I listen to all sorts of music, but I am a huge Third Eye Blind fan. I love films, especially horror films! But I love a good adventure, thriller, comedy, etc. As for hobbies, I am definitely a clay fiend! I love working with polymer clay. I love to design my own jewelry, love photography, origami, and 3-D origami. I don't have any children, just the furry four legged kind. I love my pooches!

Ichiban Joyas!
Ichiban Joyas actually started in 2008, although my facebook fan page says 2009. I used to buy these Japanese food miniatures and make them into jewelry. It eventually got into my head that it was time to make my own miniatures and there began my obsession with polymer clay. I sold a few items in 2008 and then it kinda went dark and I forgot about it. Eventually, it got back into my head and toward the end of 2009I started this little business and man has it blossomed!
But it's a little deeper than that...In 2008, I was hired into a law enforcement agency and was going through background when I found out they had made some cuts and my background investigation on was on hold. A few months later, I passed background and still had to wait because there were no available funds for my position. About a year later, I had finally given up and really needed money. So Ichiban Joyas became my job. Although I'm not a super seller right now, every person that has purchased from me keeps my head above water and keeps me motivated. I know times are tough these days, but you should never give up.

What to expect from these blogs:
You will see me post new items, new lines, and talk about my day. I'll discuss my good times and even my bad times as they are related to the business. Since I am music lover, I will always post a music video to end the blog.
So I hope these blogs find a way into your readings and I hope you take the time to visit my facebook fan page, my twitter and my etsy page. I have left the links on the front page.


So that's it for now. Oh, and if you're curious, "Ichiban" means "number 1" in Japanese and "Joyas" means "jewelry" in Spanish. So the simple translation " Number 1 Jewelry." LOL.

Thanks for reading and Happy Shopping!

Jenn :)

Music video of the day is not really a music video, but something to make you laugh:

1 comment:

  1. It's so lovely to get to know you! Thanks for explaining the meaning of your shop name! So clever and not easily forgotten now that I know what it means! Have a great week! :)

    Stephanie
    http://www.twolittlebluebirds.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete